This week on Hot Takedown, we’re reacting to a series of upsets in the first round of the NBA playoffs. The Los Angeles Clippers pulled off the biggest comeback in playoff history, but we don’t necessarily think the Warriors should be too worried for the rest of the series. Other upsets included the No. 7 seed Orlando Magic defeating the No. 2 Toronto Raptors; that Game 1 victory had Mike Tuck on “Open Mike” from Orlando’s 96.9 The Game positing that Orlando is underrated in the Eastern Conference. Our basketball guru, Chris Herring, makes a guest appearance to help us break down this claim.
Someone who is openly shaking in his boots this week is golfing great Jack Nicklaus. Tiger Woods’s victory at the Masters gave him his 15th major, just three behind Nicklaus’s all-time record. Does Tiger have it in him to catch Jack? Or do we expect this to be his last big victory?
Inspired by Tiger’s feat, our Rabbit Hole dives into other statistically improbable comebacks.
Here’s what we’re looking at this week:
- Chris breaks down how the Warriors blew a 31-point lead.
- And he provides takeaways from the opening weekend of the NBA playoffs.
- As per usual, our eyes are glued to our NBA Predictions.
- We can’t get enough of Tiger Woods’s comeback.
- The Washington Post digs into Tiger’s odds for the rest of the season and into 2020.
- ESPN analyzes great comeback stories across sports.
- From our Rabbit Hole, this excellent video about Lonnie Smith from SB Nation.
Powered by WPeMatico